Are you dealing with the QuickBooks wont open errors and you do not have any idea how to resolve the issue from the system? Then you have landed on the right page. We have solely prepared this article to discuss effective steps to resolve the error.
QuickBooks is a popular retail management software that helps the user to manage their finance, track the transaction history and keep the record at their fingertips. It has many amazing tools and features however despite that, users often complain about inconvenience while working on the software. QuickBooks is prone to errors and issues, and some are very hard to get rid of. Read the article till the end to get all the possible ways to resolve the QuickBooks Wont Open problem.
What is QuickBooks Wont Open ?
When a user tries to open QuickBooks Desktop, the issue usually appears. You may notice that the system is delayed in responding while dealing with the problem. The user may see numerous problem codes as a result of QuickBooks 2016 Won’t Open, such as Error 1603, Error 1935, and so on.
The error message of the QuickBooks Wont Open:
QuickBooks already has a company file open. If you want to open another company file, close this one first.
Only QuickBooks Accountant and QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions can open two company files at once.
However, sometimes it is hard to identify the issue hence the users do not have any idea where to start. It is important to first identify the problem. In the next section, we have discussed some of the common symptoms of the QuickBooks won’t open.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks Wont Open
Before directly jumping into the solution it is important to first identify the symptoms of the issue in your system. We have listed down some of the most common issues that users commonly face while dealing with the error QuickBooks Wont Open.
- The PC on which you are running the software may entirely freeze.
- You haven’t finished installing QuickBooks.
- The firm file will be inaccessible to the user.
- The gadget may be slow to respond to mouse and keyboard inputs.
Reason Behind the QuickBooks Wont Open
Now since you have identified the QuickBooks won’t open error, it is important to know the reasons behind the occurrence of the issue in your system. When you are well aware of the causes you can apply the proper solution to fix the issue from your system.
- The problem could have been caused by a corrupted or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- The long name of the QuickBooks file may have also contributed to the occurrence of the issue.
- It’s possible that you’re running an infected version of Windows.
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation was not completed correctly.
Troubleshooting Method of QuickBooks Wont Open Error
After learning the causes and symptoms of the error, you can now proceed towards the methods to resolve the problem from your system. The solutions are very easy to perform. However, if you are not comfortable in performing the steps then take professional help. Carefully go through the steps and do not miss any while performing.
Let’s jump into the solutions.
Method 1: Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
This is the first method of the solution. Most of the errors can be easily resolved using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. However, to use the tool, you first need to download and install it in your system.
- To begin, go to Intuit QuickBooks’ official website and download the Diagnostic Tool.
- To install the file, double-click it.
- After that, run the utility to resolve the issue with your system.
- Check to see if you’re still getting the issue.
Method 2: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
Sometimes renaming the QBWUSER.INI resolves the issue in the system. Perform the following steps.
- Press Windows + E on your keyboard at the same time.
- Look for the Folder and Search button under the Organize tab and select it.
- Select View from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the option Hidden files and folders in Advanced Settings.
- Select Show hidden files and folders from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the OK button.
- Select My Computer and then C:/ Drive from the drop-down menu.
- Select Documents and then Local Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Application Data from the drop-down menu.
- Then select QuickBooks from the Intuit menu.
- To delete or rename the QBWUSER.INI file, right-click it and select Delete or Rename.
Method 3: Open the Company File From Different Location
If the above solutions did not help you to get rid of the issue, then try this one. Opening the company file in a different location often resolves the QuickBooks won’t open error.
- Press Windows + E on the keyboard at the same time.
- Browse the network disc where you saved the folder and look for the data file with the.qbw file extension.
- After you’ve found the company file, right-click it and select Copy.
- Create a new folder on your C:/Drive.
- QBTEST is the name of the folder.
- Copy the company file and put it into the newly formed folder.
- Hold the CTRL key while opening the QuickBooks application.
- Select the option to Create a New Company or Restore an Existing Company.
- Look for the C:QBTEST option.
- Check the company file in QBTEST that you just copied and pasted.
Method 4: Restart the Device
The fourth and last solution is to restart the device you are working on. If none of the above methods helped you to fix the problem then try to restart the PC.
The problem in your device may be resolved by rebooting or restarting the system.
So, after you’ve rebooted your computer, see if you can open the QuickBooks file.
We’ve reached the finish of the solution with approach 4. We hope that the information in this post has assisted you in eliminating the error from your system. However, some users continue to experience the same or similar issues; if this is the case with you, please contact the support team. The customer service hotline number for Intuit QuickBooks may be found on the company’s official website. The crew is accessible to assist consumers 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you enjoyed the post, please forward it to your friends, family, and coworkers. Let us know which method works best for you in resolving the problem.