QuickBooks has been emerging as the first choice for all entrepreneurs. Whether it be the management of daily transactions or preparing financial reports, QuickBooks easily tackles all kinds of tasks. However, users usually reported about “QuickBooks won’t open”, “not responding”, “has stopped working” and “stuck on the loading screen.”
All these error texts represent the same issue and deny you access to the company file. Getting this issue means you cannot get back to the work till trying out the troubleshooting. So, it is recommended to conduct the solutions.
The guide below contains all the solutions, causes, and symptoms that will provide you with a better understanding of this issue. Now, let’s move in and learn more about the issue.
What is QuickBooks Wont Open ?
QuickBooks won’t open stop all the working procedures within your system. You cannot easily open or access the company file. At times, you will face a sudden catastrophe without a text that makes it a very serious issue. Without any idea of what to do next, users get stuck in the middle of an operation. Moreover, it creates a risky situation that targets the company data.
However, we have come with this post to keep the software safe from all malicious activities. You can easily conduct and fix the issue on your own. The data will also be the same. So, don’t be worried and keep moving further.
Well, identifying the error is as much important as troubleshooting. So, let’s move into another section and learn what signs help you to identify the issue.
Symptoms of the QuickBooks won’t Open
Before directly jumping into the solution it is important to first identify the symptoms of the issue in your system. We have listed down some of the most common issues that users commonly face while dealing with the error QuickBooks Wont Open.
- The PC on which you are running the software may entirely freeze.
- You haven’t finished installing QuickBooks.
- The firm file will be inaccessible to the user.
- The gadget may be slow to respond to mouse and keyboard inputs.
Reason Behind the QuickBooks won’t Open
Now since you have identified the QuickBooks won’t open error, it is important to know the reasons behind the occurrence of the issue in your system. When you are well aware of the causes you can apply the proper solution to fix the issue from your system.
- The problem could have been caused by a corrupted or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- The long name of the QuickBooks file may have also contributed to the occurrence of the issue.
- It’s possible that you’re running an infected version of Windows.
- The QuickBooks Desktop installation was not completed correctly.
Also read: Quickbooks error 6177
Troubleshooting Method of QuickBooks won’t Open Error
After learning the causes and symptoms of the error, you can now proceed towards the methods to resolve the problem from your system. The solutions are very easy to perform. However, if you are not comfortable in performing the steps then take professional help. Carefully go through the steps and do not miss any while performing.
Let’s jump into the solutions.
Method 1: Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
This is the first method of the solution. Most of the errors can be easily resolved using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. However, to use the tool, you first need to download and install it in your system.
- To begin, go to Intuit QuickBooks’ official website and download the Diagnostic Tool.
- To install the file, double-click it.
- After that, run the utility to resolve the issue with your system.
- Check to see if you’re still getting the issue.
Method 2: Rename QBWUSER.INI File
Sometimes renaming the QBWUSER.INI resolves the issue in the system. Perform the following steps.
- Press Windows + E on your keyboard at the same time.
- Look for the Folder and Search button under the Organize tab and select it.
- Select View from the drop-down menu.
- Look for the option Hidden files and folders in Advanced Settings.
- Select Show hidden files and folders from the drop-down menu.
- Then press the OK button.
- Select My Computer and then C:/ Drive from the drop-down menu.
- Select Documents and then Local Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Application Data from the drop-down menu.
- Then select QuickBooks from the Intuit menu.
- To delete or rename the QBWUSER.INI file, right-click it and select Delete or Rename.
Method 3: Open the Company File From Different Location
If the above solutions did not help you to get rid of the issue, then try this one. Opening the company file in a different location often resolves the QuickBooks won’t open error.
- Press Windows + E on the keyboard at the same time.
- Browse the network disc where you saved the folder and look for the data file with the .qbw file extension.
- After you’ve found the company file, right-click it and select Copy.
- Create a new folder on your C:/Drive.
- QBTEST is the name of the folder.
- Copy the company file and put it into the newly formed folder.
- Hold the CTRL key while opening the QuickBooks application.
- Select the option to Create a New Company or Restore an Existing Company.
- Look for the C:QBTEST option.
- Check the company file in QBTEST that you just copied and pasted.
Method 4: Restart the Device
The fourth and last solution is to restart the device you are working on. If none of the above methods helped you to fix the problem then try to restart the PC.
The problem in your device may be resolved by rebooting or restarting the system.
So, after you’ve rebooted your computer, see if you can open the QuickBooks file.
Method 5: Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download and install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Make sure that you located the file.
- After that, just access the file.
- Go through the instructions carefully to begin the installation.
- Thereafter, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Launch the downloaded tool hub.
- When the tool opens, click on the Company File issues button.
- Thereafter, click on Run QuickBooks File doctor.
- Here, you are ready to run and diagnose the issue with this tool.
Method 6: Create a New Windows user
You must provide all the admin rights to your operating system. At times, QuickBooks brings issues when not used with proper rights. So, here is what you need to do for creating a new window user.
- Hit the Control Panel.
- Then, perform a double-click on the User account.
- Choose the Manage user option.
- Subsequently, click on Add button.
- Specify the name and domain of the admin.
- Also, choose OK.
- Click on Administrator.
- Hit Finish.
- Tap OK when you see the dialog box of User accounts.
Method 6: Run Quick fix my program
Quick fix my program does not take much time to scan properly on your device. Here is how you should run the tool on your device.
- Open the tool hub software.
- Pick Program Problems option.
- Also, choose the Quick fix my program
- Once the tool scans all files, just start QuickBooks and QB files.
Method 7: Close QBW32.exe Process
- To initiate, right-click on the Windows taskbar.
- Choose the Task Manager tab.
- Select Processes to go inside the Image name column.
- Consequently, you need to try to find the exe.
- Hit the End Process button.
- Through these, you have successfully closed the QBW32.exe process.
You can also read: Windows firewall is blocking Quickbooks
QuickBooks Won’t Open Error can be very frustrating for the users, However, in this article we have concluded all the minor and major resolutions in detail. To fix the issue, we recommend you to follow the given instruction step by step. We hope that you like the post and make good use of it.