QuickBooks is a program that assists in the integration of multiple accounting procedures. The program aids in the management and tracking of activities such as spreadsheets, expense sheets, bill checking, tax filing, account sheet maintenance, and so on. Many QuickBooks users like cloning activities that assist them in performing better. This program, on the other hand, has the potential to cause mistakes. You’ll encounter several post-closing problems as a result of the cloning, one of which being QuickBooks License Error after Clone.
What is Quickbooks License Error After Clone
The License Error in Quickbooks After Clone, sometimes known as a licensing mistake, is a highly uncommon and complex issue. If the encrypted file contains the product code and therefore the registration number, an error occurs. When this issue occurs, all of Quickbooks products get frozen. You, on the other hand, will not be concerned. We’ll go over all of the options to help you fix the problem. Simply read the entire text from beginning to end and carefully follow the procedures.
We will go through the QuickBooks licensing error, as well as other issues such as error 3371 status code 11118 Quickbooks couldn’t load the license data, and more. If you’re dealing with the issue and looking for a few solutions, read the full article to the end.
Factors that Triggered QuickBooks License Error After Clone
- When the MSXML component and Dat file, both of which are required to execute QuickBooks Desktop, are destroyed.
- When your computer’s operating system (OS) is old and QuickBooks file/files are banned by system security or antivirus software, make sure that.
- Before importing a QBO file, it is stored.
Few Tricks to Resolve QuickBooks License Error
One option for resolving the issue is to remove the corrupted EntitlementDataStore.ecml file. You’ll also fix the following difficulties if you remove the file:
- There is no Edit list in the Company Window.
- The mistakes were re-configured by QuickBooks.
- The user may also see an error message that says, “You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service.”
- You won’t be able to use online banking unless you register yourself in Quickbooks.
How to Fix QuickBooks License File Error?
Follow the below-written solution with the step-by-step guide to executing the QuickBooks license error after the clone.
1: Delete the Entitlement File
- To launch Task Manager, press CTRL + ALT + DEL on the keyboard at the same time.
- Right-click qbw32.exe in the Processes section, then select End Task.
- On the confirmation box, press the Yes button.
- Hit the Windows + R at the same time.
- Now, in the box, write “C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6).”
- The ECML file is then located by tapping on the OK button.
- Click Delete.
- Choose Yes to end the process.
- Now reopen QuickBooks and try to re-register the software
2: Update the Windows
- Look for Windows Update within the search bar using the start menu.
- Here, select Windows Update.
- Choose System Update from the list of applications
- Select Check for Updates.
- If there are any updates available, select Install Updates.
- Restart your computer once the download is finished.
- After you’ve finished installing Windows, try running and registering QuickBooks.
3: Disable The Antivirus
- To start with, go to the taskbar, search for a small arrow, and click on it at the bottom right of the screen.
- Disable Protection by right-clicking the antivirus icon.
- Choose a time that is convenient for you.
- After you’ve registered the product, you’ll need to go through the same steps as before to enable antivirus protection.
4: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool from the official site of Intuit
- Save the downloaded file on the system and then run it on the qbInstall_tool.exe to initiate the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen directions to install the tool on the system.
- Now select the file through the browse option within the tool to determine the error
- After that, hit the scan button to start the scanning
- After the scanning completes, restart the system.
5: Reinstall the QuickBooks Application
- First, uninstall the Application from the system
- Th rename the installed folder within the system.
- Visit the site of Intuit to download the software again
- Choose the correct merchandise and version of Quickbooks
- Install the application on the system by integrating all the on-screen instruction
- Now open Quickbooks and activate it for further use.
6: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to Fix QuickBooks License Error After Clone
- Visit Intuit to download quickbooks file doctor
- Save the downloaded file and run it on qbfd.exe to install
- Now follow the on-screen direction to complete the installation process
- After installation, open the tool and choose a file that needs diagnosis through the browse button
- At last, hit the scan button and then ok to initiate the scanning process to fix the error.
- Once the process completes, restart the computer
Hopefully, you like the above article about how to fix QuickBooks License Error After Clone. If you do so, let us know in the comment section below. And for more informative articles visit our site. We tried out best to explain each and every bit of QuickBooks License Error After Clone and elaborate the solutions in a step-by-step guide to ease the fixation way for the users.