QuickBooks Error H505 within QuickBooks is a possibility when you attempt to access a file for your company that isn’t accessible within your system. The error means that the file in question requires some additional settings.
The QuickBooks Error H505 is a Multi-user Mode error. Furthermore, it can be caused by something hindering the connection of multi-user mode with your computer.
There are a variety of other causes that could be the cause of QuickBooks error code H505. In this article, we’ll go over the probable causes and offer the most effective ways for the QuickBooks H505 error fix.
What does the QuickBooks Error H505 Mean?
There are various types of H-series errors that occur in QuickBooks. Most of them are due to problems with the networks that develop when you try to connect to the company’s data by the computer. When QuickBooks encounters difficulties connecting to its server it displays an H-series error message on the screen.
The QuickBooks Error Code H505 will be displayed when the user’s computer isn’t able to connect to another computer on the network that hosts the company’s file.
This error means that there is a technical issue in the configuration of the network that is causing a disconnect between the various workstations on the network.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error H505?
Take a look at the list of the causes of the QuickBooks error code H505:
- The firewall prevents inbound and outgoing communications to the company’s file.
- The settings for hosting configuration are incorrect or are incorrect.
- QuickBooks folders and files can’t be scanned using the Database Server on the server.
- Incorrect, damaged or in error .nd Files that are damaged, missing or incorrect.
- If QuickBooks is unable to find its IP address.
- If the QuickBooksDBXX service isn’t running.
- The DNS setting is incorrect.
How to Identify QuickBooks H505 Error?
In addition to the error message displayed alongside the error code displayed in the pop-up message box customers may experience the following symptoms when confronted with an error message in QuickBooks Error Code H505.
- Inability to operate in multi-user mode.
- It is not possible to open the QuickBooks company’s database on the server.
- QuickBooks application might cause a crash.
- All windows that are open and input methods could become unresponsive.
- The application may stop working for a long time before displaying the error code.
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error H505 Efficiently?
If you are having your work affected because of QuickBooks errors H505, you don’t have to fret. In this article, we’ve listed the best methods to fix the problem.
Method 1. Put The Server To The Windows Host File
- In the beginning, search for the IP address as well as the name of the computer of the workstation and server.
- Launch your Run Window by simultaneously pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Enter cmd and press the Enter key to open the Command Prompt window.
- Enter ipconfig/all, then press Enter. Also, make note of the hostname and IP Address.
- If you’ve connected another device to your server repeat steps 1 through 4.
- Finally, you can modify lastly, edit the Windows hosts.log file.
Method 2: Create A New Company File Folder
- Go to the folder for the company file on the computer hosting your file.
- Create a file on your computer, and copy the file from your company into it.
- Right-click on the folder, and then select Properties.
- Under Share, select Advanced Sharing.
- Mark the Share This Folder and click on Permissions.
- Click the full control checkbox in Everyone Group and click Apply and then OK.
- Click Apply, then OK again. Now try opening the company file at the workstation.
Method 3: Create Exception Settings For Firewall
- Firstly, click Start -> Control Panel.
- Thereafter, go to Control Panel, then search for Firewall Settings.
- Then, click Firewall Settings> Allow a program to pass through the Firewall.
- Now, click Add Program > Add QuickBooks 20xx in the list of excluded programs.
- Finally, restart your computer to ensure that changes are correctly applied.
Method 4: Analyze QuickBooks Hosting Settings
- Open QuickBooks application on both the PCs that are configured to be multi-user.
- Click File -> on Utilities ->Stop Hosting Multi-User Configuration
- Start Hosting by opening One computer with a file click on utilities -the Host Multi-User configuration.
- Start both QuickBooks again.
Method 5: Change Setting Of QuickBooks Folder Location
- Create a new folder on your hosting computer. Share it and then assign Windows access permissions for sharing corporate files.
- Transfer the .qbw file into in the folder you want to use.
- Start your Company file using multi-user mode.
Method 6: Ensure Whether The Services Are Running Correctly
- You can access the applications that are running on your system by pressing the Start button and then searching for Run in from the dialogue box.
- Then you can type “services.msc” in the dialog box. Make sure that the list of available services is displayed.
- If you’re running Windows 10 then you can access the services by pressing Ctrl plus Shift and Esc keys together to launch Task Manager.
Method 7: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
QuickBooks Database Server Manager assists QuickBooks to connect to the server on the internet. When the service is off and you are unable to connect, you could encounter QuickBooks H505 while opening the corporate file. To correct the issue:
- You can download QuickBooks Tool Hub through a reputable source.
- Thereafter, save the downloaded file in the appropriate place.
- Next, click on the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen directions for installing the software.
- After the installation has been completed , you can open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- In the tool choose Network Issues, and it will start QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Make use of to use the Browse option to choose the folder for company files and press Start Scan.
- It will allow QuickBooks Database Server Manager to repair your Firewall and grant you the necessary permissions to access every workstation.
- Finally, click Close when you’re done.
Method 8: Make A Brand New Folder To House The Company’s File
- Firstly, you need to make a replacement folder on the host computer.
- Thereafter, you can share the folder, and Windows access permissions are required to share the company’s files.
- Next, copy the .qbw file using multi-user mode to a new folder.
- Finally, you can now access your Company file.
Method 9: Verify That The Services Are Operating
Users are unable to access their files if QuickBooks services are not functioning. Make sure you have the server’s name on every PC.
- Input services.msc into the dialog box for Run, then start the Task Manager.
- Select Open Services and look for QuickBooksDBXX (where the XX) indicates QuickBooks Server Manager.
- Double click the service’s name.
- Choose Automatic for the Startup option in the Properties. Make sure you have the correct status for the startup service, active or running.
- Choose Restart the Service for both First failures, as well as the Second Failure and subsequent failures on the Recovery tab.
- Repeat the procedure for QBCFMonitorService.
Since the QuickBooks error H505 happens because of issues with the network There is a chance that you’ll experience the same error or it may not be resolved after you’ve completed all troubleshooting steps.