Are you dealing with the QuickBooks error H101 and do not know how to get rid of the problem? Then you have landed on the right article. In this article, we have shared some of the effective and easy ways to resolve the QuickBooks error H101.
QuickBooks is one of the most popular retail management software that has helped the user to manage their transaction and keep the transaction at reach. The software offers many amazing tools and features that allow the user to easily manage their data. However, the software is prone to errors and problems. And some of the problems are very difficult to get rid of/ Hence we have prepared this method to help and guide you through the troubleshooting solutions.
QuickBooks Error H101- Brief Introduction
The error H101 QuickBooks causes the users to try to access the enterprise fold due to the technical interruption. The issue generally occurs when the user accesses the enterprise folder. One of the main reasons behind the occurrence of the problem was to access the company file in a multi-user mode.
Before directly jumping into the QuickBooks error, it is important to first find out the main causes that have triggered the QuickBooks error H101.
Triggers of QuickBooks Error H101
There are various reasons behind the occurrence of the QuickBooks error H101. It is not possible to list them all, hence we have prepared the common causes of the issue.
- The settings of the firewall could be blocking you from accessing the QuickBooks file.
- You might have improperly set the DNS settings.
- The settings of the host may not be proper.
- Errors of the Server Manager database are located at the IP address.
- The users might not be able to access the QuickBooks services.
- Folders with .ND extension could be of the wrong setup which does not allow the users to access the company file.
- Error H101 may also appear due to the incorrect installation of the software.
- A corrupted file configuration could also trigger a problem in your system.
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Error H101
Now can now perform the solution as guided below. The methods are effective and straightforward to carry out. If you have no or less knowledge about the QuickBooks error H101, then it is best to take professional guidance to carry out the steps. Make sure that you have followed all the solutions very carefully.
Solution 1: Check the QuickBooks Services
This is the first method to resolve the error from the system. In this solution, verify the services of the QuickBooks.
- First of all, press the keys Windows + R on your keyboard to access the Run box.
- In the Run box, type Services.msc and then click the Enter button.
- Now scroll down and then search for the file QuickBooksDBXX in the service window.
- Verify the startup type and check if the service status is working or not.
- If it is not working then, ensure that it is running.
- Press the Recovery tab.
- Choose the drop down list.
- And then go for the option restart.
- If the restart does not successfully happen then do it for a second time.
- Hit the OK button.
- Repeat the above steps for the monitor service.
- Try to access the QuickBooks on every workstation.
Solution 2: Verify the Hosting
If you are still getting the error after performing the first solution, then try this one. You need to verify the hosting in this method.
- Go to the QuickBooks software and open the application on every system.
- Go to the files and choose the Utilities option.
- Open the multi-user host.
- If the settings are already on multi-host, then do not change it.
- Choose the option Stop Hosting tab for the Multi-user access.
- Repeat the above procedure for all the PCs.
Solution 3: Build the New Folder for the Company Folder
Creating a new company folder also helps the user to resolve the error H101. Follow each of the steps carefully and do not miss any.
- Create a new folder and then share the hosting PC.
- To share the company files, set the windows accordingly.
- Copy the .qbw folder to a new folder.
- Then try to access the company file in multi-user mode.
Solution 4: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The file doctor will allow detection of the issue. The tool will help you to resolve the errors. Follow the steps below to use QuickBooks file doctor effectively.
- Download QuickBooks File Doctor from the official website of the Inuit QuickBooks.
- Click on the download file to start the installation procedure. However, make sure that you have a strong internet connection.
- Once the installation process is done, now go to the QuickBooks software and then open the File doctor tool.
- The tool will then scan the system and find out the issue from the system.
- It will then resolve the problem from the pc.
- The process may take a dew moment to complete.
- Now open the file or folder and then check if you are still getting the error or not.
You May Also Like This – QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error: 5 Amazing Ways to Determine
We have discussed four effective methods to resolve the problem from your system. Hopefully, this helped you to get rid of the problem. However, if you are still getting the error then take help from the professional team. To get the helpline number access the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The support team will help try to resolve the error and also guide you to avoid any further problems from the system.
If you liked the article then share it with your teammate and friends. You can also check other related blogs on our website.