Quickbooks is the most comprehensive accounting and bookkeeping software available. In today’s world, everyone’s work life is much more difficult and chaotic, and Quickbooks is the tool that makes it a bit simpler for every accountant, bookkeeper, or company owner that uses it. This one package of accounting software takes care of all the difficult tasks. Sometimes Quickbooks encounter some glitches and all the important tasks get stuck in between. Quickbooks error 6189 816 is one such error that we are going to explain today in this post along with all the related information.
Explain QuickBooks Error 6189 816 Briefly
Quickbooks error -6189, -816 is basically a run-time error. When QB users attempt to view QB Company files, an error notice appears in the light and on the screen, stating, “An error occurred when QB attempted to access the company file” (-6189, -816). This sort of problem indicates that the fault is typically related to the multi-user network and has nothing to do with accounting data. However, it can also be known as a company file error.
The presence of this error is troublesome but can be easily removable. You just have to read this post to the end because this post contains all the possible solutions.
Factors Behind the Occurrence of Quickbooks Error 6189 816
- The first explanation might be that Quickbooks components are missing or damaged.
- The problem occurs when the user uses the QB business file on a network computer through software.
- This issue can also occur when users delete the necessary Quickbooks drivers that are required to execute the program.
- Another cause of this problem is when the QB registry value in the Windows registry is corrupted.
- Quickbooks problems 6189 816 occur when the operating system is compromised with malware or viruses.
- When the Quickbooks Hosting process encounters difficulties.
- On the QuickBooks server or host system, a network data source file has been damaged.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6189 816?
If you want to get rid of QuickBooks error 6189 816 from your system then follow the below solution one by one. Every solution has its own specialty and focuses on one trigger point to fix the error.
1: Restart the Computer as well as Server
- At first, the user must restart the server system.
- After that, the user must restart the computer.
- Then, on the server system, launch the Quickbooks desktop.
- The user must open the QB desktop around each workstation after restarting the QB desktop on the server machine.
Note: It’s critical to figure out where the company file is stored. If the user is using QuickBooks enterprise hosting instead of the server system, you should seek expert assistance in restarting the system.
2: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download the QB Tool hub from the official site of Intuit
- Now install the tool by following all the on-screen instructions
- After the installation open the tool and visit the program Problem tab
- Here you are required to choose the Quick Fix My Program option
- Now browse the company file that needs a diagnosis from Quickbooks Error 6189 816
- After that enter the admin credentials and give the proper permission to the Tool to scan the file
- At last, hit the scan and then Ok button to initiate the scanning to determine the error
- Once the scan completes, restart the system
3: Run Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Since you have already downloaded the QB tool hub
- Visit the Network issue tab
- Here, select the Quickbooks Database Server Manager
- Now browse the company that has the issues and then choose the Start Scan button to initiate the process of scanning
- The scanning procedure determines the Quickbooks error 6189 816 completely.
4: Run QuickBooks Refresh Tool
- Make sure all the background tasks are closed while downloading the tool and close all the QB versions on the system
- Download the QB refresh Tool from the Site of Intuit
- Now run the download file on QBRefresher.exe
- In addition, the QBRefresher takes 30 seconds to complete, and the user must follow the onscreen instructions.
- After the installation is complete, the user must reopen the QuickBooks desktop application.
5: Create and Restore the Backup File
- On the previous system, the user must generate a backup of the Quickbooks company file.
- After generating the backup, the user must restore the document to the new device. To do so, follow these instructions:
- You can use a flash drive or another external device to recover the file.
- If the systems are linked, the user can also utilize the network.
Hopefully, the above solutions helped you to resolve QuickBooks Error 6189 and 816 easily. All the solutions are explained in a step-by-step guide to ease the path for the users. Moreover, you can use quickbooks file doctor tool to fix various types of files & network related issues in QB. If the solutions get futile and do not work as expected you can contact Quickbooks support for further help. They will surely help you out to get rid of this error in no time. They serve around the world to all QB users and are available 24X7 so that you can contact them anytime.