While working on the incredible financial software QuickBooks, it is normal to encounter 6000 series errors. These errors can damage your company files and do not allow the software to find the company files location. One such error is Quickbooks Error 6000 77 which can be disastrous to your system if not fixed timely. You get this issue when your QB company files somehow get corrupt or damaged. So, there should not be a delay in the process of troubleshooting.
With proper assistance, you can tackle this nagging error immediately. Here in this informative post, you will go through Quickbooks Error -6000, -77 in detail, why it occurs, and the best troubleshooting steps. Let’s get started.
Factors Triggering Quickbooks Error 6000 77
Quickbooks Error 6000 77 comes into existence due to corrupt/damaged company files. Another factor leading to this problematic error is when the software can’t locate the company files.
So, without wasting any time, initiate the fixation process as this error covers your entire screen with some pop-up message that stops you from finishing your work.
But before fixing, understand the factors that cause Quickbooks Error -6000, -77 in your system. This action helps you explore the mistakes you committed in the past to give birth to them. Let’s explore each cause:
- Storing the company file of Quickbooks in a hard drive that is external also leads to this error. So prefer storing the file on an internal hard disk.
- Quickbooks can’t access its company file.
- Also, third-party apps are hindering the working of the software in multi-user mode.
- Lack of permissions to the QB software also causes Quickbooks Error 6000 77.
Permanent Solutions For Rectifying QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Note: Have a backup before trying any fixation steps. It helps you prevent any data loss and uninvited issues.
Troubleshooting Method 1: Quickbooks File Doctor
Quickbooks file repair is an incredible repairing tool known for rectifying hundreds of QB errors. Also, it saves your time and effort as you just have to tap on its icon and let it work. Once you click it, it self-starts the fixation process instantly.
Let’s learn the way to utilize this tool to its maximum.
- Open the Intuit site. Initiate downloading the tool named- QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once done, download it and access it.
- Moving on, hit the tab on “Next” on the wizard prompt.
- Obey the screen guidelines, followed by accepting all terms/conditions needed for installing the repairing tool.
- Tap on “Finish” once done.
- Now open the tool.
- Here, you will view a dashboard, there navigate to a tab named – “Company File Issues”.
- Tap on the tab of “Run Quickbooks File Doctor”.
- Choose the QB company file which is showing errors.
- Once done, the QB tool hub will self-recognize and troubleshoot the error.
Troubleshooting Method 2: SFC- Windows System File Checker
SFC is quite important in repairing the files that go corrupt or damaged due to technical reasons or human intervention. You only have to perform the scan after which it will start fixing the issue. Let’s learn the steps:
- Firstly, hit “Start”.
- Click the cursor on “Command Prompt”.
- On the screen of the Command Prompt, type up “SFC/Scan”. Hit “Enter”.
- After it, a scan will get self-initiated fixing all the errors in its capability.
- Do not exit from the window until the scan is concluded.
- At last, the Quickbooks Error -6000, -77 will no longer bother you. But if it does, then the next advanced method will surely help you.
Troubleshooting Method 3: Renaming the Network Data (.ND) File
- For this step, open the folder storing your company file.
- Now, go through the files and pick the one with a .nd extension.
- Moving on, right-tap on the file with .ND extension and hit “Rename”.
- After that, add “.Old” at the end of the QB file name. For example Invoice2021.qbw.nd.old
- Finally, open the file to check that Quickbooks Error 6000 77 is no longer bothering you.
Troubleshooting Method 4: Do a Clean Install
Performing a clean install is recommended to repair issues of damaged, broken, or corrupt files. The instructions to perform this step are:
- Open the Tool Hub (Downloading steps explained above).
- Then, access the tool.
- After that, reach out to the tab named “Installation Issues” inside the dashboard.
- Moving on, hit “Clean Install Tool”.
- Finally, a self-fixation process will be started to rectify the Quickbooks Error 6000 77 within seconds.
Troubleshooting Method 5: Disabling the Antivirus
There are instances when third-party apps along with the firewall interrupt the communication of QB and the server. It leads to poor performance of the software. That is why you must disable your antivirus in the system for some time to allow the system to perform better.
Check Out: Quickbooks Firewall Blocking Error
This post is a complete guide to repairing Quickbooks Error 6000 77 on your own. The five advanced fixation methods are sufficient to tackle this nuisance error efficiently. Make sure to obey the steps in proper directions to kick out the issue.