QuickBooks company file contains all the accounting details that you enter into the program. Data of companies is an essential thing that should be protected by full backup and security. However, many errors can impact the company file and QuickBooks Error 6000 305 is one such error which affects your files severely.
When QB Error 6000 and more such issues occur, it shows 3 or 4 digit errors along with a message that reads it can’t access the company file. The error typically occurs when there is a problem with the network configuration or the company’s file is corrupt.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the methods that can be used to fix QuickBooks Error Code 6000 305 within moments. However, it is equally important to understand the reason behind the error first.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error 6000 305
Let’s look a bit deeper into QuickBooks Error Code 6000,-305 and discover the root causes of the problem. You see this error when:
- Your firewall or antivirus blocks the connection to the internet.
- It appears that the QuickBooks files are damaged.
- QuickBooks installation was not completed correctly.
- Network connection not properly configured.
- Damaged or corrupted company file and the .TLG file.
- This kind of error can also be noticed when one tries to restore the previous files backup.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6000 305 : Quick Solutions
We all know that QuickBooks does not cause a lot of problems as the program is well designed. Even when it has technical issues it can be resolved quickly. Here are some suggested methods you can apply to eliminate the error code 305. But, make sure you perform each step in the right order just like listed below to get better outcomes.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
The software update is the very first thing. This is the simplest and most efficient way to resolve the QuickBooks error 6000 305 quickly and efficiently. Follow the next steps to make changes to the QuickBooks desktop:
- Firstly, open QuickBooks desktop.
- Head to “Help”.
- Then choose “Update QuickBooks”.
- Tap “Update QuickBooks Desktop”
- Now, click “Update Now”.
- Tick against “Reset Update”.
- Moving on, hit “Get Updates”.
- After the update is concluded, simply close QuickBooks.
Solution 2: QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a wonderful tool which assists QB users resolve the majority of QB related problems. Be it this error code 305 or any other technical issues. It is also simple to download, install and manage the tool. Check out the steps to follow:
- Firstly, start downloading “Tools Hub”.
- Thereafter, go to “Downloads” by pushing the keys “CTRL+J”.
- Under downloads list, simply tap on “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe”.
- Now, choose “Yes” to permit this application to make adjustments
- Thereafter, hit “Next” to download it, then click “Yes” once more in or and then click Yes once more to signify that you have accepted the license agreement.
- Tap on “Next”, and then Install. (It could take a while)
- After the installation is concluded, tap on “Finish”.
- Now open the tool hub from the desktop. (Icon will be created automatically).
- Then click on “Company Issues” from there.
- In the end, tap “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” Now the scanning will start, repairing the 305 error automatically.
Solution 3. Give a Different File Name to the .ND & .TLG Files
- Navigate to the specific folder where you keep your company’s files.
- Find the files having the extensions of .ND and .TLG.
- Right-tap on the files and assign a new name. Then, include OLD at the end of each file’s name. For example: QuickBooks.qbw.nd.OLD
- In the end, navigate to QuickBooks again, and open your company file. This step also fixes QuickBooks Error 6190
Solution 4: Access a Sample Company File
Open a sample QuickBooks company files to determine if the issue is with the company’s file or not. In case, the sample file does not open then that indicates it is a problem with the QuickBooks installation.
If we understand the QuickBooks and the installation and damage, then the file repairing indication can be done in two ways:
- In the window ‘No Company Open’, choose the icon “Open a Sample File” , then select any preferred form with the sample company files list.
- If you can open the sample file then proceed with the solution. The sample file will show the same file with the error message saying fix the QB installation files.
Solution 5: Restore the Backup
If your company file is not opening then restore a backup copy to determine if the issue is in the current file(.QBW). In case, you are experiencing issues in restoring the backup, carefully follow these steps:
- The first step is ensuring that your system is not hosting.
- Open your company file.
- Locate the file by clicking on “Menu”.
- Now tap on “Utilities”.
- If you can locate “Stop Hosting Multi-User” there:
- Tap “Stop Hosting Multi-user Access”.
- In the “Multi-user Access” page/window, click “YES”.
- On the window “Close Company FIle”, hit “YES”.
Check that the company’s file path is not more than the limit of 210 characters:
- Navigate to the company’s file location.
- Copy the path via address bar.
- Open Notepad and paste it there including all the spaces. (For instance: C: \ Documents \Settings \Users \Documents \ QB\ IntuitSample Company Files\ QB2018\ Sample_company_file.)
- Again try the file restoration for your company. Attempt the next troubleshooting method If the error 305 is still there.
Solution 6: Copying Company’s Files to a Different Location
Firstly, right-tap on the screen anywhere and click on “New” >> “Folder”.
- Then access your company file.
- Now, right-tap on the error related QB company file.
- Thereafter, access the newly created folder and press CTRL+V to paste the file.
- Now keep holding “Ctrl” and open QuickBooks. Don’t release it until you see a “No Company Open Window” in your display.
- Moving on, tap on “Restore/Open”.
- Choose “Open Company File”.
- Hit “Next”.
- Browse to the newly moved file via new folder, and then tap on “Open”.
- Now, if the file is unable to open even after this advanced step then follow the next procedure.
Solution 7: Stop QuickBooks Tasks
- Firstly, log in as Admin on your PC.
- Now, open “Task Manager” by pressing “Ctrl+Shift+Esc”.
- Select the first option, then hit Q on your keyboard to display the QuickBooks Processes.
- Then, choose “QuickBooks Process” (Qbupdate.exe , QBW32.exe, QBDBMgr.exe). After that hit “End Task”
- In the end, simply open your company file and resume the task.
Solution 8: QuickBooks Database Server Manager Tool
- First of all, access QB Tool Hub.
- Once you open it, navigate to “Network Issues”, tab, and button QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, scan the location of your company’s file.
- Thereafter, hover to “Scan” Folders.
- Now, tap on “Browse”, then pick up the folder having your company’s files (.QBW)
- In the end, tap on “OK” and initiate “Scan”.
Solution 9: Change to UNC Path
This final method is the most effective one for troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error 6000 305 effectively. This technique requires making use of UNC paths instead of using a device that is mapped. The steps are:
- Firstly, right-tap on the “QuickBooks” icon.
- Now hold “Ctrl” to launch the software as an administrator.
- Keep holding the CTRL button until you can see the “No Company Open Window”.
- Now to proceed, navigate to “File”.
- Tap “Restore Company”.
- Choose “Open Company File”.
- Hit “Next”.
- Once done, tap on “Network” and navigate into your company’s file location.
- In case you can’t find the file then go to “Set Folder’s Permission”.
- After finding the company file, tap on “open” and end the process. Now you can use the company files like before.
Hopefully, this article will help you to gain the most detailed understanding of QuickBooks Error 6000 305 and how you can repair it. These troubleshooting tips can help you solve the error on your own. However, if you’re stuck because of any other QuickBooks error or unable to resolve the issue, simply uninstall the program and then install it.
Also, if you have more 6000 series errors or other QB related problems, then simply visit our website to find the most effective troubleshooting techniques.