QuickBooks desktop for mac involves some easiest steps that you can easily conduct on your own. QuickBooks works perfectly and aids in various accounting tasks and activities. You can add the correct version on the Mac desktop. The guide will assist you with the same. Therefore, just move in and learn.
QuickBooks desktop for mac
Intuit makes the work easy by developing the specific QuickBooks desktop for mac. Several users can use it to get the best assistance. Not only you will receive aid in preparing invoices but also tackle business. Here are a few things that you need to take care of before starting the downloading procedure. So, explore and move in.
Things to Consider before setting up QuickBooks Mac
You should consider these things given below before starting the installation and setting up procedure.
- Before conducting the installation, make sure to run the QuickBooks desktop for Mac 2020 on your computer.
- Also, consider the minimum system requirements required for that specific version.
- If you have bought the version for Windows then make sure to return it and purchase QuickBooks desktop for Mac.
- Prepare a note of license error and product number on your device.
- You can find them in your email. Alternatively, scratch the label of your CD.
QuickBooks desktop for mac 2022 system requirements
The user needs to ensure some requirements before conducting the procedure.
- macOS 10.14 (Mohave)
- 2 GB RAM is a must, although, you can have 4 GB RAM on your system.
- Make sure to register the product
- 250 MB disk space
- Presence of a multi-user server like Intel Core 2 Duo or higher processor
- Intuit checks for printing checks
- 100% Macintosh compatible printer that can print checks, invoices, lists, deposit slips, mailing labels, and purchase orders.
Some Limitations of QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Although the QuickBooks desktop consists of some major benefits, there are several drawbacks as well.
- Limited technical assistance: The first drawback of the software is that it provides only 30 days of support. That means the user needs to buy a support plan further.
- Maximum three user licenses: The user will receive a two-user license. The other one has to be bought separately
- Restricted Access to data through mobile: This is another limitation that provides only 30 days of support. You can buy it again after the period gets over.
Installing and configuring QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
Make sure that the steps are relevant for mac users only. So, if you are a Windows user then different procedures will be required.
Step 1: Check the System Requirements
Make sure to first examine the system requirements before starting the QuickBooks downloads.
- Must have an operating system Mac OS X v11.3 (Big Sur) or later
- A good internet connection
- E-mail as PDF: Microsoft Outlook 2016 or later, Mac Office 365, and Apple Mail.
- Export report data: Microsoft Excel 2016 or later, Apple Numbers v3.5, and Mac Office 365
- File Conversion: QuickBooks Mac 2022 supports:
- One-way conversion to QuickBooks Online
- Conversion from and to QuickBooks for Windows 2022
- One-way conversion from QuickBooks Windows 2022
Step 2: Spot License and Product number
- If you have a physical copy: Just remove the label on your package. You can do it by scratching to locate the product and license number.
- In case you have downloaded a digital copy: Go through the emails you received. Make sure to open the one from Intuit or QuickBooks. You will see the license and product number then. Make sure to contact the support team if you have not received any emails.
Step 3: Install QuickBooks Desktop for Mac on your computer
- Initiate the procedure by downloading the QB desktop for mac.
- You can use the CD installer as well.
Note: In case you find any issue while downloading the installer then try to clear the browser’s cookies and cache. You can also use another browser.
- You must close all the applications running on your computer.
- Also, perform a double-click on the downloaded installer.
- You can also choose QB executable file.
- Consequently, hit Yes when the extraction of the file gets completed.
- Thereafter, choose Next.
- A window with a license agreement pops up.
- Make sure to go through it and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Meanwhile, hit Next.
- Pick any of the installation methods given below.
- Express: The installer will make appropriate choices on the device if you pick it. Also, helps in replacing the existing version. Make sure that this method would not work in the accountant edition in terms of replacing the previous versions.
- Custom and Network: Click on it only if you are going to use multiple versions of the QuickBooks desktop.
- Moving on, click on Where you will be using the QuickBooks option.
- You can skip the ahead step if select the Express button.
- Tap I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer
- Alternatively, you can choose I’ll be using QuickBooks on this computer and I’ll be storing our company file here. The software now can be shared over the network.
- Try to install the default directory by hitting Next.
- Make sure to browse the directory if you want to look for an older version.
- Pick the location of the software.
- Also, hit Next.
- Furthermore, choose Install.
- Tap the Open QuickBooks button.
- Finally, just activate the software.
Step 4: Upgrade and Convert the Company File
If you have successfully upgraded from the earliest version of QB desktop then try to update the QB file. Follow the steps below to find out how to do it.
- Initiate the procedure by opening the QB file in the newer version.
- Then, click on Upgrade when you see Update or convert the company file promptly.
- Hit OK.
- The last step is to examine the reports, balances, and accounts.
- It will assure you that the QB file is converted.
Step 5: Setup Multi-User
If the user has multiple user licenses then try to set up the software in a multi-user environment. It will help all the users worldwide to open the company file.
- To begin with, access the multi-user folder.
- Try to move the QuickBooks icon towards the applications folder.
- Select the User-added image button.
- Consequently, click on authenticate for the modification of the applications folder.
- Provide essential username and password thereafter.
- Meanwhile, choose OK.
- Open QuickBooks and the company file.
- In the last step, you need to go to the File and click on Enable multi-user mode.
- It will aid you in sharing the QB file.
Pros and Cons of using QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
If you are thinking about the pros and cons of using QuickBooks desktop pro for mac, then consider this section.
- It has a user-friendly interface. The user can easily install and set up the QuickBooks mac desktop on their own.
- Provides lots of other features only through one-time investment.
- An accountant and bookkeeper will help you to regulate the work if you have any queries on the software.
- Limited technical support that lasts only for 30 days.
- No access to data via mobile.
- Restricted access within your Mac desktop only.
- Only a three-user license. (two are given and one has to be bought)
We hope that you have resolved all your queries about the QuickBooks desktop for mac. Carry out each step carefully for completing the download and installation. However, if you have any other queries then make sure to comment below.