Many of the QuickBooks errors are triggered by firewall blocking. It may cause many issues and errors in your system. Sometimes it becomes hard to get rid of the problem. Hence we have prepared this article to guide you through resolving the QuickBooks Firewall Blocking Error.
QuickBooks is one of the most popular retail management software that has helped users to manage their transactions and keep the record at the fingertips. The software has many tools and features that help but despite them, it is prone to many errors. Some of them are very hard to deal with and resolve. We understand how frustrating it could be to deal with an issue in the middle of the workflow. Therefore, read the whole article till the end and learn about various ways to get rid of the problem.
QuickBooks Firewall Blocking Error
Firewall blocking QuickBooks is one of the most common issues. Many QuickBooks users have faced the error some or other while working on the software. The blocking of the firewall may cause several other problems that could hamper your whole QuickBooks experience. Below we have shared some of the causes that the firewall might be blocking the QuickBooks.
Triggers of QuickBooks Firewall Blocking Error
QuickBooks Firewall Blocking Error might be caused due to various triggers.
In most cases, the Windows Firewall blocked the software from using the internet Or it is also possible that the third-party installed antivirus software is blocking the QuickBooks permanently.
The QuickBooks Firewall Blocking error could also be triggered when the software can’t access the internet due to the closed ports. QuickBooks uses only a specific port. If the port is blocked by the antivirus then the firewall blocking QuickBooks might trigger.
Also Read: Quickbooks Error 6177
Ways to Resolve the QuickBooks Firewall Blocking Error
Now since you have enough knowledge of what triggers the issue in your system. It is time to resolve the problem from your system. We have discussed some of the useful solutions below. If you are not comfortable performing the solutions alone then take support from the professional team. Follow the step carefully!
Method 1: Configure the Firewall Ports
- Go to the tool QuickBooks Database Server Manager and then press on the window Port Monitor.
- Note down the Port number of the application.
- Click on the Windows + I keys on the keyboard to access the settings tab.
- Hit on the button Update & Security.
- From the left panel choose the option Windows Security.
- Press the button Firewall and Network Security.
- Choose the Advanced Settings button.
- The above step will lead you to the next window. Choose the button of Inbound Rules.
- Hit on the New Rule.
- Look for the Port button and click it.
- Press the Next button.
- Press option TCP and then choose the button Specified Local Ports.
- The post number will depend according to the different Port Numbers:
For QuickBooks Server Manager 2019 Enter: 8019, “The port number that we noted in step 2”. For QuickBooks Server Manager 2018 Enter: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382 For QuickBooks Server Manager 2017 Enter: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377 For QuickBooks Server Manager 2016 Enter: 8019, 56726, 55368-55372
- Hit the Next button and then choose the option Allow the Connection.
- Now choose the Next button and ensure that all the choices are checked.
- Hit the Next button and then write the Name of the new rule.
- After writing the name, choose the Next button.
- And then press on Finish to complete the process.
- Repeat the process for Outbound Rule and then verify if there is some error or not.
Method 2: Adding Firewall Exception
- To open the Settings tab, press the keyboard keys of Windows + I.
- Then hit on the option Update & Security.
- Look for the Windows Security tab in the left panel.
- Hit the choice Firewall and Network Security.
- Choose the Advanced Settings.
- The above steps will take you to the next page. Search for the Inbound Rule button and then choose the option New Rule.
- Hit the Program and then choose Next.
- Look for the button “This program Path” and then hit the Browse choice.
- Navigate where the QuickBooks software has been installed.
- Click the Next button and then verify the choice Allow the Connection.
- You will get Three options, check them all.
- Hit the Next button.
- Assign a name to the rule and then press the Finish button.
- Repeat the steps for the Outbound Rule and verify if the problem is still there.
Check Out: Quickbooks File Doctor
We have discussed two solutions in the article above. Hopefully, the methods helped you to get rid of the Firewall Blocking QuickBooks error. However, if you are still facing the error then try to contact the professional team of the software. You can access the helpline from the official website of Intuit QuickBooks. The team is available 24 X 7 to help the users in need.