Undoubtedly, QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software options for small and medium-sized enterprises. Due to its extensive features and user-friendly design, this program is recognized as the best and most effective accounts management system. However, users may sometimes face a variety of issues. One such issue is QuickBooks Error H303.
This error is encountered when QB company files require further adjustments.
In this detailed article, we will discuss the major causes of the error code H303, as well as effective ways for resolving such difficulties.
What is QuickBooks Error H303?
While using QB, an error message may appear stating that a particular firm is on another computer and QuickBooks need assistance in connecting. This error message is an accurate indication of QuickBooks error H303.
When QB corporate files require additional settings to be stored properly on a workstation, an H series code issue appears on the system. The error code indicates that the communication procedure of the corporate files is blocked owing to firewall protection.
Triggers of QuickBooks Error H303
Before jumping into the solution it is recommendable to go through the causes and triggers of the error H303.
- The firewall settings could be preventing you from accessing the QuickBooks file.
- It’s possible that the DNS settings were set incorrectly.
- The host’s settings may be incorrect.
- The IP address is where Server Manager database errors can be found.
- It’s possible that users won’t be able to use QuickBooks services.
- Folders containing The ND extension could be configured incorrectly, preventing people from accessing the corporate file.
- QuickBooks Error H202 might also occur as a result of faulty program installation.
- A problem in your system could also be caused by a corrupted file configuration.
Proven Solutions for QuickBooks Error H303
As the causes of this error code are different, there is a possibility that the solutions to resolve the Quickbooks Error H303 may also vary. However, a few of the proven solutions to resolve this error code are outlined below:
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- The file doctor will help you find the problem. The tool will assist you in resolving the issues. To utilize QuickBooks file doctor efficiently, follow the procedures below.
- Download QuickBooks File Repair from the Inuit QuickBooks official website.
- To begin the installation process, double-click the downloaded file. Make sure you have a robust internet connection, though.
- After you’ve completed the installation, open the QuickBooks software and then the File Doctor tool.
- After that, the utility will scan the system and identify the problem.
- It will then resolve the issue on the computer.
- The process may take a few moments to complete.
- Now open the file or folder and see whether the problem still occurs.
Solution 2: Verify the Hosting
If the error persists after you’ve tried the first two solutions, try this one. In this approach, you must validate the hosting and resolve the QuickBooks error H303.
- Go to the QuickBooks program and install it on all of your computers.
- Select the Utility option from the Files menu.
- Open the multi-user host and log in.
- Do not update the settings if they are currently set to multi-host.
- For Multi-user access, select the option Stop Hosting tab.
- Carry out the same steps on all of the PCs.
Solution 3: Check the QuickBooks Services
- To get started, use Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Type Services.msc into the Run box, then press the Enter key.
- Now, in the service window, scroll down and look for the file QuickBooksDBXX.
- Verify the startup type and whether or not the service is operational.
- If it’s not working, make sure it’s turned on.
- Select the Recover tab.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the option to restart.
- If the restart does not work the second time, repeat the process.
- Then press the OK button.
- For the monitor service, repeat the steps above.
- Attempt to use QuickBooks on each workstation.
Solution 4: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to the official website of Intuit QuickBooks and then get the QuickBooks Tool Hub application from there.
- After completing the downloading process, look for the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file and click on it.
- Hit on the Yes button.
- To start the installation process, press the Next option.
- The installation will start after accepting the license agreement, hence click Yes.
- Choose the Next button and then Install the software.
- After completing the installation process, hit the Finish option.
- Now try to access the QuickBooks Tool Hub and resolve the problem.
Solution 5: Fix Using QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Since you have already downloaded the QuickBooks Tool Hub, use the Database Server Manager to eliminate the problem.
- Look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the software’s icon.
- Choose the Network Issues tab, and then press QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Select the Start Scan button, if the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is showing the right company file location.
- If it is not the case, then hit on the Start Scan option.
- The QuickBooks Server Manager will resolve any issues in the firewall.
- The above process will also provide permission to access all workstations.
- Hit the Close option after completing the repair process.
- Now try to open the company and check if you are still getting any H303 errors or not.
- Go to the File option and then choose the Switch to Multi-User Mode.
Hopefully, this detailed article will be helpful in resolving the Quickbooks Error H303. The above solutions can help the users in fixing the error without any difficulty as these proven ways are tested and verified by professionals.