While switching to multi-user mode, users may sometimes receive quickbooks error H202. This error generally indicates that the multi-user connection to your server computer, which is used to store QB company files (QBW), has been disabled. It will prohibit you to access the QuickBooks company file if you are unable to communicate with the server computer.
In this detailed article, we will address this error code H202 along with all the major causes that may result in this error. In this next segment, you will get to know the symptoms and the effective solutions that will assist you to get rid of this error H202 in a few minutes.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
Before we dig into the causes of this error code, it’s crucial to understand what this error code is all about. There are several reasons and circumstances that can cause this multi-user mode error. Many users have reported receiving it while trying to switch from single-user mode to multi-user mode and open a QB company file in multi-user mode. This error type is commonly encountered when users are trying to access a company file stored on another system. Thus, this error code prompts the following error message:
“You are looking to access a company file on another computer, but the copy of QB cannot reach the server on that computer.”
Causes of Quickbooks Error H202
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of QuickBooks error H202. Here are a few of them:
- There is a problem with the hosting configuration and QuickBooks settings.
- Dispute with DNS server
- A server computer firewall has prohibited QuickBooks Server from exchanging information.
- This is the network file .ND has been compromised or is no longer functional.
- Multiple versions of the information server manager are running at the same time, causing a conflict.
- QuickBooks cannot find the IP address of the system or server holding the company file.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202
- QuickBooks customers are unable to switch between Consumer and Business Modes.
- QuickBooks freezes or runs slowly.
- The notice “Error H202” appears on the screen.
- Not being able to view a business file on a different computer
- The computer is operating at a slower rate than usual.
How to Fix QuickBooks H202 Error?
Follow the below solutions to determine the QuickBooks error H202 without any hassle.
Solution 1: Check The Network Connectivity
- Hit the start button and type “Run” in the Search Bar to open the Run Window
- Click “Enter” after typing “cmd” in the text area.
- type “Ping” the “server name” and then hit the “Enter” key. Make sure you stay in the region between the PING and your SERVER NAME while doing this.
- If you’re getting late responses or experiencing data packet loss, it’s a sign that your network is having issues and has to be fixed.
- Proceed to the next stage in the resolution process to fix your network.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download QB file Doctor from the site of Intuit
- Install the tool by running the download file on qbfd.exe
- Now follow and accept all the on-screen direction
- After the installation open the tool
- Browse the file that has an issue
- Enter admin credentials and hit the enter key to start the scanning
- After the error is determined, restart the system to save the changes.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Go to the official site of Intuit and Download QB tool hub
- Install the tool on the system by allowing all the required information
- Once the installation completes, open the tool
- Visit the Company File Issue Tab
- Now select “QuickBooks information server Manager”
- Browse the company file to fix the error
- Enter admin passwords
- Now hit the scan button to start the determination of error through scanning.
- At last restart the system
Solution 4: Recreate the.ND file
- In Windows, type “*.ND” into the search box and select the results. press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Once you have the desired result, pick it with your mouse, then select “Delete” from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Start” icon on the Window.
- Go to “All Programs,” then “QuickBooks,” and look for “QuickBooks Data Server Manager.“
- Select the “Scan Folder” tab.
- Select “Add Folder” and visit the company file.
- Click the “Ok” button after selecting the company file.
- Hit the “Scan,” to start determining the error
- Once the scan is complete tap on the close button to close the process window.
- Now you open the QuickBooks in Multiuser mode to check whether the error is gone or not.
Also Read: Permanent solutions to fix QuickBooks error Code(-6000, -77)
Hopefully, this detailed article will assist you in resolving the QuickBooks error h202 using a few simple and easy methods. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about the error code as the solutions aforementioned have been tested and verified by professionals.