There is no doubt that QuickBooks accounting software is the best choice and holds more than 82% of the software market. However, users encounter errors sometimes when they are performing their tasks. The QuickBooks error 6210 happens to be the most frequent error that occurs when working on the company’s file.
This error is referred to as a multi-user error which indicates that one of the companies is using the files being hosted. This error will cause a complete crash in the program window. Once infected with 6210 error, users are immediately blocked from using their company files. Hence, fixing it quickly is utmost important.
In this blog, we’re going to discuss the causes behind the errors and permanent solutions to repair it. Before proceeding further, we should know what causes this error in the first place.
Causes For QuickBooks Error 6210
Below are some typical causes that you will encounter in your system due to QuickBooks Error Code 6210 .
- Corrupt or incomplete installation QB Desktop.
- Data damage in QuickBooks company(.QBW) file.
- Infections by Virus/Malware attack.
- Corrupt Windows registry could trigger Quickbooks Error 6210.
- Unintentionally removal of QB related files.
- A change has been made to QuickBooks related software
These are multiple issues you can encounter when the QuickBooks error code 6210 comes and infect your system running the program.
Important Things Before Resolving The QuickBooks Error 6210
- Check that the multi-user mode is activated in the QuickBooks Desktop hosting the company’s file.
- Update QuickBooks with the most recent updates prior to troubleshooting.
- Scan your computer with anti-virus software to get rid of any viruses. (You can also utilize the built-in Windows security features i.e., Windows Defender to check your system for viruses)
- Check that the machine that hosts the company’s files is the server, not a normal workstation within the network.
- Disable Windows firewalls temporarily or firewall prior to accessing the company’s data when in the multi-user mode.
Fixing QuickBooks Error Code 6210 0 : Permanent Solutions
This error is frustrating and intolerable but the great thing is that it has numerous fix methods which one can select. Therefore, we have listed the most efficient and simple ways to eliminate QuickBooks 6210 error from your system.
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub first. Now press CTRL+J in order to go to “Download”.
- Thereafter, under your downloads list, find “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe”.
- Now choose “Yes” to permit this application to make adjustments
- After that, click “Next” to Install it, and then tap on “Yes” again to accept the agreement of the license.
- Tap on “Next” and after that install (It might take a bit of time)
- After the installation has been completed, simply tap “Finish”.
- Moving on, open the tool hub. (Icon will appear in your computer)
- Open the tool. Under “Company File Issues”, hit on “Run QuickBooks File Doctor”.
If the steps above didn’t give the desired results then please follow the steps below.
Solution 2: Copying The Company’s Files Onto The Desktop
This step involves the transferring of the company file to the desktop for repairing QuickBooks error 6210 quickly. The steps are.
- Right click on the desktop screen, then go to the “New Folder” options.
- The next step is to visit the location of your company’s current file.
- Right-tap on the company’s file and choose the “Copy” option.
- In order to proceed, you have to open the newly created folder, then perform a right-click and select “Paste”.
- Press the Ctrl key, and be sure to not leave Ctrl until you see No Company Open Window.
- Next step is to open a company file and then click “Next”.
- Browse to the desktop file that you copied in a different folder.
- Lastly, click open to see if you can access the file or not.
Solution 3: Rename .TLG and .ND File
- Firstly, browse to the folder involving QuickBooks Installation Directory and open the file.
- Find the(.ND) as well as the (.TLG) files.
- Thereafter, right-tap the .ND file and hit the option “Rename”.
- Include .OLD after the extension of .ND. For example: .ND.OLD.
- Do the same procedure for the .TLG file, for renaming it.
- Create an entirely new location on the Desktop and transfer your files to this new folder.
- In the end, open QuickBooks, then access the company file via the new folder on your desktop.
If QuickBooks error 6210 is still present you can try the same method in case of using the software in multi-user mode.
Solution 4. Backup the QuickBooks Related Registry Entries
- To begin, you first tap on “Start”.
- Next, write “Command Search”. Don’t press “Enter” until now.
- Thereafter, hold “CTRL+SHIFT”.
- Hit Enter.
- Then, you will come across a permissions dialog box.
- Click “Yes”’
- Then, there’s the black box, which has a blinking cursor.
- Input the word ‘Regedit’, then hit Enter.
- Pick the key for QuickBooks Error 6210.
- Tap on the ‘Registry Editor’.
- Then, from the file menu, choose “Export”.
- Click on the folder you wish to download your QuickBooks keys for backup.
- In the file name box, write the name of the folder i.e. ‘QuickBooks Backup.’
- Check the box “Selected Branch”.
- Click “Save”.
- Now, save the file using “.Reg Extension For File” and you are good to go.
Solution 5: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
To successfully complete a re-installation process of QuickBooks Desktop, the following 3 steps should be taken:
- Uninstallation of QuickBooks Software
- Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Re-installation of QuickBooks in the System
Step 1: Un-Installation of QuickBooks Software
- Press the Windows + R keys o to start the RUN command box.
- Thereafter, enter “Control Panel” and hit “OK”.
- Hover to “Programs/Features”, then choose “Uninstall Program”.
- After that, hit the tab on “Uninstall”.
- No, follow the instructions displayed on screen and finish this process.
Step 2: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Firstly, start with the QuickBooks Tool Hub download from the official site of Intuit.
- Then, navigate to the directory where the download was saved. Obey the on-screen prompts to install.
- Now tap the “I Agree” button to complete the installation and you’re able to launch your QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, tap on “Clean Install Tool” after choosing the tab “Installation Issues”.
- Thereafter, choose the QB Desktop Version which was previously installed on your PC and then click “Continue”.
- Watch for the message “Please install your version of QuickBooks in the default location on your screen, and then click OK to finish this step. We’ll now move on to the next step in order to solve QuickBooks error 6210 with ease.
Step 3: Re-installation of QuickBooks in the System
- Place your QuickBooks installation CD into your CD drive, and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
- After the accounting software has been installed on your computer, enter the license number and the product name to access your software copy.
- After providing the information, follow the instructions on screen to complete the reinstallation. This step also repairs QuickBooks Error 6190 effectively.
Solution 6: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If you’re running QuickBooks 2021, go to the “Help” tab, and choose “QuickBooks Tools Hub Repair Setup” as well as “File Problems”. This will obtain your download links.
- If you’re using an older version of QB, then download the tool hub by checking the solution number 1.
- Download the file.
- Now tap on “Yes” at the License Agreement prompt. Then press “Next” to continue with the installation.
- Thereafter, open “QuickBooks Tool Hub” by pressing its icon on the desktop.
- After opening it, click “Network Issues”.
- Here, choose “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”. If your server is not yet equipped with it, you’ll get an invitation message/notification to install QB Database Server Manager.
- Follow the steps for installing the database server manager, and when it’s installed then click on “Start Scan”.
- You can also choose “Browse” and select the company file, and then click “Start Scan”.
- Open QuickBooks and try opening the company’s file after logging in. Now, the QuickBooks error code 6210 0 won’t trouble you.
We hope that the solutions we have discussed above for QuickBooks Error 6210 will help you fix this issue. Sometimes, due to some reasons, users are unable to resolve QuickBooks Error 6210 even after using the above steps. It happens when you aren’t applying the solutions in order and correctly. So, follow the steps accordingly and don’t skip any step.