QuickBooks Error 6073 occurs while opening the QBs company file in the multi-user mode. This error will come up on the computer screen as QuickBooks cannot open the company file & Error codes: (-99001, -6073). Countering this issue is a bit difficult. This issue takes a lot of your time & damages other system files if not repaired on time.
So, as you get the QuickBooks 6073 Error, you need to troubleshoot this error quickly. The article includes a basic understanding of the causes & easy steps to fix this error easily. Let us start now and kick the QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 out of your system.
Why QuickBooks 6073 Error Occurs?
There are various reasons for the prevalence of 6073 QuickBooks errors. The list is as follows.
- Company file access through the multi-user mode from another PC.
- The company file is in a read-only network folder.
- Using various credentials to sign in to UNIX & Linux servers.
Effective Solutions For QuickBooks Error 6073
To diagnose QuickBooks Error 6073, you need to follow the solutions below. Moreover, do remember to put a backup of all your important data files in your system.
Solution 1: Network Data (ND) & Transaction Log (TLG) Files Are Marked As Hidden Files
We will have to check whether the network data (nd) files & transaction log (.tlg) files are within hidden files. You can counter this error by doing the steps below.
- Click on My Computer & go for the Tools menu.
- Moving on, choose the option Folders.
- Now, click on the View Tab.
- Under this tab, you will now tap on the “Show Hidden Files and folders” option.
- Next, select the data folder & open the network data (nd) files & transaction log (.tlg) files.
- Now, with a right-click on the “Network Data Files”, choose the option “Properties”.
- Next, you will have to untick the option “Hidden”. Tap on “OK”.
- Once completed, the files will not stay hidden anymore.
Solution 2: QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks error 6073 can be cleared out with the use of Quick Fix my Program coming within QuickBooks Tools Hub.
- Firstly, select the software Qb Tool Hub on the system.
- Moving on, click on the tab Program Problems & then on Quick Fix my Program.
- Lastly, restart QuickBooks Desktop & reopen the company file.
Solution 3: QuickBooks File Doctor (QBFD)
The QB File Doctor Tool is the Go-To way to counter the majority of the QuickBooks errors. Download the doctor file tool & run it and your issue will be diagnosed in a few seconds. To do this, learn below.
- Look out for the QuickBooks Hub Tool (1.4.0) latest version & download the toolhub.exe file.
- Save the exe file in your system.
- Open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Do as per the on-screen guidelines to install & accept the end-user terms & conditions.
- Open the QBs hub tool.
- Within the tool, click on the tab “Company Files Issues”.
- Go for the green-colored tab “Run QuickBooks file doctor”.
- Choose your company file. If you cannot spot your company files then go for the option “Browse”.
- After selecting the file, hit Continue.
- Lastly, type up the admin password & then tap on “OK”.
Solution 4: Network Data (.ND) File
The broken network data (.ND ) file is one of the factors behind this error, so we need to repair it.
To diagnose the damage.ND file, follow the below steps.
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop screen.
- Further, open Windows Explorer.
- Locate the folder with your QBs company file.
- Once you choose the company file, do a right-click on it.
- Moving further, you will see the file with the.ND extension.
- Change the file extension name to .old. Tap on entering.
- Next, open the software QuickBooks Desktop & then select the company file once again.
- At last, QuickBooks will auto-create a network data (ND) file for the QBs company file repair.
You May Also Like This: Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 80
With this post, you will be able to get through any difficulties caused by 6000 series errors. From basic info. to detailed solutions, one can easily fix the QuickBooks Error 6073 is no time. We hope you will be able to work on the software free of all errors.