Sometimes, QuickBooks users may experience technical glitches and errors while working on it. One of them is QuickBooks Error 6000 82 which is encountered when accessing the company file. The moment you try to open the file, it will display an error message which shows the reason and the status of this error code.
If you are working on a multi-user system, the error code”6000 82″ explains the issue by saying “QuickBooks is unable to access the document because it’s stored on another PC”. Not only this, it also blocks the access to your company’s file on another PC ultimately preventing you from completing your important tasks.
Therefore, the top priority is to resolve Quickbooks Error 6000 82 as quickly as possible. Read this blog post to know the various possible causes and solutions for this error.
Factors Leading to Quickbooks Error 6000 82
There are multiple 6000 series errors, however, -6000 -82, and -6000 and -106 are among the rarest. But, they are fixable and this article will provide all solutions to remove these stubborn error codes.
Before we begin, let’s look at some points that will explain why this error occurs in the first place.
- Damaged company file.
- Recent modifications to the database name.
- Encrypted QuickBooks installation on your PC.
- You cannot find the company’s file on a different computer.
- Company files that have gone corrupt within QuickBooks also lead to QuickBooks Error code 6000 or -82.
Ways to Fix Quickbooks Error Code 6000 82
The following are the most effective solutions to solve the QuickBooks error code 6000, 82 as a Pro.
Important: Take note that before you start one of these steps, ensure to have the latest version of your QuickBooks software. Also, experts advice users to resolve the network and company file issue with QuickBooks File Doctor first.
Solution 1: Remove Spaces, Symbols, Unique Characters From The Company File Name
- Log out from QuickBooks on all devices before starting the steps.
- Navigate to the folder having all company’s files.
- Rename the company’s file by right clicking on it and then selecting “Rename”.
- Thereafter, choose your file’s name, and ensure that there are no spaces between the name and extension.
- Try to open the file and resume your work.
Solution 2: Disable Hosting on Every PC that Runs QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, navigate to “Files”.
- Now click “Utilities”.
- Thereafter, tap on “Stop Host Multiple Users”.
- Tap on “Yes” when the pop up message to Stop Hosting Multiple Users access comes.
- In the end, click on “Yes” in the following pop-up box, also.
Important: If this error appears, this indicates the computer is wrongly configured to allow multi-user access.
- It will show the error message on each computer that has hosting settings.
- Within the No Company Open Window, click on “File” first, thereafter click “Utilities”.
- Verify that the option for hosting multi-user access is shown. Note that multiple computers can show menu options, and block hosting multi-user access.
- Once done, choose “Stop Hosting Access” for Multi-users on any client’s computer.
- Follow the instructions to end hosting.
- Then, open the problematic file and ensure that the login window is displaying on the screen.
- If this solution somehow does not give the ultimate result then follow the next one to remove QuickBooks Error 6000 82 completely.
Solution 3: Switch to The Mode “Hosting Local and Remote Files”
- Visit the QuickBooks homepage. Press “F2” to access the “Product Information” window.
- Verify that the hosting files are set to local files, inside Local Server Information.
- Choose “Multi-user Mode” after clicking on “File”.
- Access your company’s file using the network computer.
- When the company file is open, press “F2” to access the file and confirm the Product Information window.
- Now, verify that, in the Local Server Information, QB Cloud Hosting is set to local files only.
Note: To ensure uninterrupted access for users to access the company’s file, the person setting up QuickBooks must log in on the computer, and the device hosting the multi-user account must be on. But don’t open QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Conduct Standard Data Troubleshooting
It is possible that the QuickBooks Error Code 6000 82 might show up on your screen as a result of the corrupt files. To fix this issue you’ll have to consult an expert. Repairing corrupt company data or files requires a deep understanding of the software. It is essential to run the rebuild tool and then verify that the tool is able to fix the corrupt data. So, we advice you to speak with a professional first. The steps to take are:
- Firstly, tap on “Utilities” after tapping on “File” and choose “Verify Data”.
- If an error message appears “QuickBooks Detected No Problem with the Data”, simply click “OK”. Now, you can use the company file just like before.
If the Verification Identifies Any Issues with the Data
You need to rebuild the data or check/view the errors and click on “Close”. Then follow these steps:
- Find QBWin.log and QuickBooks.log files. In the help tech window, tap on “Send Log Files”. After this, the file will be sent to the repository, which will allow agents to see your log file.
- If you’re working with a support representative it is necessary to locate the most up-to-date record to start “Verify”.
- If you use Mac, scroll down to get the most up-to-date information.
- Find the line that has the LVL_ERROR. Look for it under QuickBooks Learn/Support.
- The errors in both log files could not be identical, however, they appear in the same way.
We are now at the conclusion of this blog article. We hope you find this blog post useful and that the solutions here assist you in fixing Quickbooks Error 6000 82 easily. The solutions above will resolve the issue easily if followed correctly.
We are confident that now the issue won’t be bothering you anymore. If you’re experiencing more than 6000 series errors like Quickbooks Error 6190 then please go to our website to learn the most effective troubleshooting tips for the difficult QB errors.